A DOG,
And a MOTHER who will let him have one.
And a MOTHER who will let him have one.
I heard that quote a couple years ago and it changed my life. Obviously. . .
We have been thinking about getting a dog since we moved into our house, but it's never been a good time. Andrew has asked and cried and prayed for a dog since he was two and it's been so hard saying, "Not yet," for years. But a couple weeks ago I was outside and my friend saw me and said, "Do you guys want a dog?" I just said, "Yeah." A few days later we picked up Lucy from their house.
She's two years old (so she's past the "scary" puppy stage), she's spayed and hates to be inside (we have to have an outside dog because of allergies, but no dog is "allergy-free" so we'll have to watch out for that). She is so great with the kids, barely chews, and I've only heard her bark twice. It's a deep bark for a girl-dog, but I guess that doesn't matter. :) Oh yeah, our friends wouldn't let us pay them for her. In other words- she was free! I just thought I'd emphasize that, since it makes me glad and happy.
It will be hard to break my habit of stopping to look at the puppies people sell in the Wal-Mart parking lot and then calling Gary to tell him all about the cute little puppy I had found, but I'll survive. :) Instead of being the big stress I dreaded it would be, having a dog has been a strange relief. I don't have to worry about it anymore and disappointing the boys because they don't have one, and she pretty much takes care of herself, and I have a live-in nanny/entertainer (that isn't the t.v.) that the boys can play with and take care of and love. The only fighting we have had since we got her is who gets to scoop the poop!!
She's two years old (so she's past the "scary" puppy stage), she's spayed and hates to be inside (we have to have an outside dog because of allergies, but no dog is "allergy-free" so we'll have to watch out for that). She is so great with the kids, barely chews, and I've only heard her bark twice. It's a deep bark for a girl-dog, but I guess that doesn't matter. :) Oh yeah, our friends wouldn't let us pay them for her. In other words- she was free! I just thought I'd emphasize that, since it makes me glad and happy.
It will be hard to break my habit of stopping to look at the puppies people sell in the Wal-Mart parking lot and then calling Gary to tell him all about the cute little puppy I had found, but I'll survive. :) Instead of being the big stress I dreaded it would be, having a dog has been a strange relief. I don't have to worry about it anymore and disappointing the boys because they don't have one, and she pretty much takes care of herself, and I have a live-in nanny/entertainer (that isn't the t.v.) that the boys can play with and take care of and love. The only fighting we have had since we got her is who gets to scoop the poop!!
2 comments:
My kids read this post.
THANKS!!! Now I am the worst mom in the world!
Stacy! You are such an amazing mom you don't NEED a dog to make up the difference!! Now, you tell your kids I said that!
Post a Comment