But there never seems to be enough time
to do the things you wanna do once you find 'em
Andrew was there to celebrate with me and give me a much-needed thumbs-up. Thanks, Buddy!
to do the things you wanna do once you find 'em
I heartily agree with the good old hippie, Jim. There are so many things I want to do, as do all of you I'm sure. And the only reason I'm blogging right now is because I've gotten all my chores done and I've been a good little girl today. :) Just kidding. The boys and I are actually home sick today, and I needed something to do while the kids watched Curious George.
Yes, there are other things I should be doing right now, I even have a large list of projects I'd like to tackle on my fridge that mocks me every time I go to get the milk (or some other food item we store in the fridge.) But I had to report on a recent triumph involving a daily chore. I did have the time to do this thing I wanted to do, once I found it. Jim would be so proud. Lately, I really love doing laundry. I love the smells (after the clothes and sheets and towels are clean.) I love freshly folded clothes and having them all put away (including socks) and ready for us when we need them. It feels so good. Now, looking at my laundry room, you would think I hate doing laundry. But, it's really just a time issue. Once I put my mind to it, and I'm in laundry mode, it gets done. If I do any less than four loads a day, (8 on Mondays since I don't do laundry on Sundays. . .usually :) ) we're in trouble. Not that we even have lots of clothes, it's just that there are a lot of people around here, and with that comes a ton of spit-up, throw-up, mud, dirt, sand, peanut butter, play dough, jam, ketchup, blood, and today, Jell-o.
Well, a little while ago, I got all the laundry done- every shirt, every pair of pants, underwear and socks, every burp cloth and blanket- all of it. It only took about ten loads in one day. Now, don't worry, this has happened before, and it will hopefully happen again, but it's been a while and it just felt great. So what did I do? Took a picture so it would last longer!
Yes, there are other things I should be doing right now, I even have a large list of projects I'd like to tackle on my fridge that mocks me every time I go to get the milk (or some other food item we store in the fridge.) But I had to report on a recent triumph involving a daily chore. I did have the time to do this thing I wanted to do, once I found it. Jim would be so proud. Lately, I really love doing laundry. I love the smells (after the clothes and sheets and towels are clean.) I love freshly folded clothes and having them all put away (including socks) and ready for us when we need them. It feels so good. Now, looking at my laundry room, you would think I hate doing laundry. But, it's really just a time issue. Once I put my mind to it, and I'm in laundry mode, it gets done. If I do any less than four loads a day, (8 on Mondays since I don't do laundry on Sundays. . .usually :) ) we're in trouble. Not that we even have lots of clothes, it's just that there are a lot of people around here, and with that comes a ton of spit-up, throw-up, mud, dirt, sand, peanut butter, play dough, jam, ketchup, blood, and today, Jell-o.
Well, a little while ago, I got all the laundry done- every shirt, every pair of pants, underwear and socks, every burp cloth and blanket- all of it. It only took about ten loads in one day. Now, don't worry, this has happened before, and it will hopefully happen again, but it's been a while and it just felt great. So what did I do? Took a picture so it would last longer!
The only downside? Everyone was wearing clothes. . .
6 comments:
I love it...I love it so much. Props - seriously. That is how I feel when I get all the clothes ironed. Yikes, and I don't have 4 kids!!
Yes!! Props from Shelley! That made my day!
LOL! You are so good at this blogging thing. I don't know if it's your writing skills or the fact that you're a hilarious person in real life...it's probably BOTH and it all works together in a magical way...I don't know, but it's fabulous. I was smiling through the whole thing, nodding in agreement and empathy, then laughing out loud by the end. Sorry this is a long comment..ah well
ha ha...awesome...you should have made everyone strip down and washed those clothes too...that would have been an interesting picture! :)
Andrew is sooooo cute! Love that pic!
Four. Loads. A day? Wow. That's a lot of laundry.
But I feel kind of the same way. Well, when I actually get in gear and start the laundry. If I'm in laundry mode like you said, I actually like it. I just turn on the TV and get everything folded and put away. It's a good feeling.
Your very last sentence cracks the heck out of me. I used to work at a grocery store and often found myself thinking "stocking these shelves would be a ton easier if customers would stop TAKING. THINGS. OFF." To this day if someone is filling the shelf of something I need to buy, I try my darndest to take the inventory off their cart rather than undoing what they just stocked.
Post a Comment