Saturday, September 20, 2008

Wonder Boy

I do hope you have all seen the movie, The Natural, starring the ultra liberal, yet I must admit, ultra handsome, Robert Redford. He plays Roy Hobbs, (the Stewart kids pronounce it "Habbs) a naturally great baseball player. He makes his own bat out of a tree that was struck by lightening and he names the bat "Wonder Boy." Apparently, we have our own Wonder Boy and his name is Ry. On Thursday, we took the training wheels off his bike, after a few weeks of not even hearing their familiar rumble on the pavement when he rode his bike. The first time he tried to ride without the training wheels, he took off. He is four, by the way. I just kept thinking, "He's a natural!" I thought I'd compare and contrast the naturals Roy and Ry, just for fun:
Roy
1. Roy
2. Bat
3. Really old
4. Lightening theme
5. Struck out Babe Ruth
6. Inspired by his Dad
7. A natural

Ry
1. Ry
2. Bike
3. Really young
4. Fast as lightening
5. Could beat Babe Ruth in a bike race
6. Inspired by his Dad
7. A natural

Cute guy! I wonder where he got his thumb. . .oh, me. :)


Great job, Ryan! He only crashed once, and we happened to get it on camera. Gary wasn't quite ready, and Ryan took off. He was sad for a second, then got right back on. The last video is Ryan riding the day after he took the training wheels off. We were totally amazed, shocked, and not to mention, surprised by how great he did. He's a little Wonder Boy!!

5 comments:

Cari said...

That is pretty stinking cute! Great job Ry Guy!!!!

Jenn said...

Very cute post! I love it...."Do you think I could make a [post] like that"? AND I LOVE YOUR NEW WEBSITE!!!! HOW IN THE HECK DID HEATHER DO IT??!?!?! I MUST KNOW!!!!

Jessi said...

Jenn, I'll only let you "make a post like that" if I can hear you say it like the kid on The Natural would say it. And, if you will say, "I must know," like Indigo Montoya, but I promise I will not say, like Wesley, "Get used to disappointment." Heather would be glad to spill the peas, oh I mean, beans.

Shelley said...

I can't get over how cute that little guy is!! I just imagine his amazing voice with his little cheese - and start to laugh! LOVE IT!

Heather S. said...

He is a wonder boy! I love having him in my preschool class, and I LOVE that he brought his training wheels for show-and-tell. That was the cutest thing ever, and he should be so proud!