Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ry the Preschool Guy!

The first couple days that Andrew came home from school, Ryan showed very "subtle" signs that he just might be a tad bit jealous. I was talking to my great friend and neighbor, Alison, about it and she said that Preschool might do the trick. Now, I am not always a big fan of preschool because I like to keep my kids with me as much as possible before they go "out into the world." But Ry will be five in February, so he will be older than Andrew was when he ventured out on his own. A really good preschool by us just happened to have a few slots open and so Ryan and I went on a little date to check it out. After lots of praying and stomach aches, on my part, Gary and I decided that it would be a good thing for Ryan. This may sound a little dramatic, but it was a big deal. I actually decided at 11:00 and school started at 12:00. Little Ryan has had terrible allergies since he was a baby and so we've been very protective of him. But, he's really good about being careful and the school is really good about it.
Here's Ryan so excited for his first day of school



Handsome guy. He brought his own backpack.



Victory!!

Good job Ryan! We're so proud of you!

3 comments:

Gary said...

I was so impressed about how happy he is in the pictures. I love you Ryan.

Shelley said...

OH....my little boyfriend is growing up so fast. Pretty soon he will think girls have cooties. Then I guess I'll have to try and win Ben over.

I love his backpack!

Jenn said...

Wow! Ryan looks so old in that picture!!! I can't believe you are the mom of such big...little guys. I tried to just say "big guys" but I can't!