But Gary had a vision.
Soon, Gary was out working in the yard until three in the morning , shaping our yard by hand with nothing but a shovel. (Is that a contradiction? Oh well.) He did use a bobcat to shape the hill in back, but that was only after our neighbor rented one and said Gary had to use it because he said, and I quote, "Gary's crazy!" Gary installed all our sprinklers and planted all our grass and installed our perfectly level retaining wall in the front yard for our plants.
This spring, after I got home from the hospital, it became very clear that this was the year we'd have to break down and get a fence. A few weeks after I got home, Ben escaped out the front door. He had just gone around to the side of the house, but I had to bring him back in so I could know where he was. When I got in, I collapsed on the couch and couldn't move for seven hours, and even then, Gary had to help me up to bed. I just didn't have the energy to chase escaping kids all day, and they were going crazy being stuck in the house. Gary made it possible for us to get the fence this year, and it has saved my life, and the kids' lives- probably literally.
I do have some "before" pictures that would make this more interesting, but I just had to say how amazing and hard-working Gary is. He just makes things work, and he does it all with a smile, even when he's covered in sweat and mud and dirt and dried concrete and mosquito bites, and he does it all because he loves his family. We love him too! Thanks Gary! You're the best husband and dad in the whole entire world, and you're a real good-looker, too!
2 comments:
Gary IS stinking amazing. Such a hard-worker and, as you said, smiling all the time. We love that guy.
Yeah for Gare-Bear! I love him, and if I have to share you with someone, I'm glad it's him! :)
Post a Comment