Friday, September 19, 2008
The Deckers
My best friend, Heather, came across a blog the other day and she called me, crying, to tell me about it. I won't go into too much detail, but it tells the story of a girl who had my same illness. I read the whole thing and just bawled until I got a migraine. I just wanted to let you see it and read it, if you want. It was hard to hear about the terrible complications that actually happened to this girl, that my doctor told me could have, and should have, happened to me. I'm not saying that to brag, at all. I am extremely humbled by our whole experience, and my heart just breaks for this sweet family. They sound very amazing, though, and I feel that they are strengthened by the same source that strengthened us. I read their blog a couple days ago and just can't stop thinking about it. I felt like I could use our blog to tell you about them. There are definitely going to be some hard times ahead for them, so if you read their blog and can think of any ways to help them, do it. But, if there's nothing you can do from where you are (like most of us) I think the best thing to do would be to pray for them. Thanks, everyone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing, Chelsea kept me updated during your illness, we were so glad to hear that you are doing better. Glad you were stalking us, I admit we like stalkers :). As far as getting rid of the TV, yes it has provided much more meaninful family time, however that has let to less time for serious blogging. I will sheepishly admit that my kids would get zoned into the tube and I would take that time to blog :), so my posts will be slightly fewer and farther between, but don't you worry, I'm working on a few new ones! :)
Oh my heart is hurting, I'm crying and the lump in my throat is almost choking me. As I wrote in my journal many times, I do not know why Heavenly Father was so kind to us, letting everything work out just fine, when it could have easily been so much worse. I'm just completely at a loss for words, I'm heartbroken for this family and so thankful we have you safe and sound, I can't even express how much I feel both of those emotions right now.
Oh, I know. I just think about it all day. I'm in this weird trance all the time. I bawled all through church. I don't know what to say either, but I think you said it all.
Someone should suggest that they put some advertisements on their blog. With all the traffic they are getting they could make some a fortune. Just an idea, I hope it doesn't seem insensitive.
Post a Comment