I had that line from "Three Amigos" in my head
all day on Gary's birthday. I
really wanted to get him a sweater so he could walk around with it tied around his neck. What's a 33rd birthday without a sweater so you can say, "It's a sweater!" like El Guapo?! I'll tell you what it is - a June birthday. Which is, of course, what makes El Guapo's sweater gift SO hilarious, imagining him ever needing that sweater in the middle of the Mexican desert. But enough about El Guapo and his "33rd" birthday. . .

Here's my handsome Birthday Boy/Man. In case you were wondering, he
is a "Smart Board User." It's a teacher thing. :)

Playing fetch with Lucy. Ryan is wearing a Spider-Man costume, Ben has just returned from a raft trip along the Mississippi River and Andrew is. . . normal. :) Yeah, I let my kids dress themselves.

We had a quiet birthday with just our family. I was getting over a cold and I think Gary likes to eat the leftover cake himself anyway, so it was good. :) We had a delicious steak dinner with grilled asparagus and potato salad. We ate cake and ice cream and opened presents. I got him these water guns so he could "have fun with the boys." We finished eating and it was already way past bedtime. Gary was sitting quietly at the table and I said, "Are you tired?" He said, "No. I was just thinking I wanted to go outside and play."
Suddenly there were flashes of little boys gathering water guns and filling them up as fast as possible. I went outside "to watch," but as soon as they saw an unarmed girl, I was attacked. After a few minutes I was totally soaked with water dripping off my face. I grabbed someone's water gun and dumped the rest of their water down Gary's back, though. I can take care of myself.
Gary said it was his best birthday ever.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GARY!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!
1 comment:
Feliz navidad, Gary!
Post a Comment