It seems like all the batteries in every toy and flashlight and clock and device in the whole house run out of, well, batteries at the same time. (can batteries run out of batteries?) Anyway, the house and my whole life start sounding slow and tired. The little kid voice on all the Leapfrog toys starts sounding like an old man in a nightmare after one too many, or five too many, cans of some sort of alcoholic beverage. And the lady voice on other toys sounds like she's crying and just can't make herself get through a sentence without getting emotional. And that's okay, I mean, life can be hard, especially if you have to sing the ABC's over and over and over and over. . .
So, one day I decided to record what life sounds like before and after a good battery-changing. Play the bottom one first (I did it out of order, and I didn't feel like fixing it.) I get a little "into it" as I demonstrate how the kids play with a dying toy; which is, if they turn the wheel harder, that will fix the batteries. So, in many cases, you end up hearing just the beginning of the ABC's, maybe to "L" if you're lucky, over and over and that really makes the lady sad!
(That background noise in this lower video is another toy whose batteries have just been changed. Sorry for any confusion.)
So, Mom and Dad (and now Andrew) just have to break down, get the screwdriver out, be it a flathead or phillips, and any other tool it takes to change a battery these days, and make life sound a little more like it should, which is sometimes less entertaining than the alternative.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! And you guys have sooo many bat-try powered toys! I guess that's what happens when you have 4 boys. I HATE the whole screwdriver-required-changing-of-batteries! Maybe parents in the OLDEN DAYS really hated that the battery areas just fell right off and now we're really lucky....who knows. I still am too lazy to like getting the screwdrivers out.
CREEPY!
Post a Comment