Here are some pictures of daughters and daddies foxtrotting away. (I was careful not to get the faces of the girls, but they looked beautiful and all had the biggest smiles!)
When we got home, I got to dance with my boys.
(behind us on the ironing board is one of my failed attempts at making the dress a little more interesting)
(it took a little convincing to get this big boy to dance with his Mommy, but he eventually gave in and had a blast! :)
Here is our foxtrot demonstration. Poor Gary. I took all the ballroom classes, all the way to 380 and then we took a couples one. I will always say that my dance classes were the most stressful ones I took at BYU. (except country dance- not much grace required) It's one thing to miss an answer on a written test in the testing center, but to have your own body betray you with its ungracefulness is quite another. Gary is very good and he's very sweet to put up with me. I must say, he threw in some unrehearsed and completely made-up moves in there and I didn't even fall on my face, or his. :) And, my dress caught on my heal! Gary wanted me to add the completely unnecessary detail that he's also rusty. Puh-lease!
I love the song we dance to because I knew from the time I took my first dance class at BYU, I had to marry a "winker." My Freshman roommate and I took the class together and we had nicknames for all the guys: "Tall Guy", "Eyeliner" (he looked like he wore eyeliner), "Cowboy", "Winker," etc. (Tell me if you remember any more, Heidi) We especially liked "Winker." So charming! Gary is a winker and he has the most genuine, happy smile in the world. So, this song reminds me of Gary and, it's just us. It was a blast.
1 comment:
Awwww! PRECIOUS!
Cody and I took dancing lessons when we first dated...good memories of the foxtrot. :)
You two looked wonderful!!!!
Post a Comment