Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sweet Religion In Its Purity

Last Friday, Gary had the day off and we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was one of the most beautiful days ever- and I don't just mean the weather, which was perfect. We were at the temple together as a family. It was the only place I wanted to be with the only people I wanted to be with. (But if any of you were there, it wold be totally great, too, of course!) We had gone to the Draper Temple Open House too, and it was amazing, but this time we knew what to expect with the kids and planned a little better. They were perfect!







This was the most perfect morning. The boys were little angels and walked with their arms folded and whispered and were so sweet. The Spirit was so strong. It was a prefect day.

I had the words of "The Wintry Day Descending to Its Close" (Hymn # 37) in my head all day. Here are verses 3 and 4:

3. Away beyond the prairies of the West,
Where exiled Saints in solitude were blessed,
Where industry the seal of wealth has set
Amid the peaceful vales of Deseret,
Unheeding still the fiercest blasts that blow,
With tops encrusted by eternal snow,
The tow'ring peaks that shield the tender sod
Stand, types of freedom reared by nature's God.

4. The wilderness, that naught before would yield,
Is now become a fertile, fruitful field.
Where roamed at will the fearless Indian band,
The templed cities of the Saints now stand.
And sweet religion in its purity
Invites all men to its security.
There is my home, the spot I love so well,
Whose worth and beauty pen nor tongue can tell.

2 comments:

blank said...

Your family is so beautiful! I love reading your blog... I miss you Jess!

Hizzeather said...

You look GORGEOUS in these pictures! Gary looks ok too. :)