Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Here he comes to save the day!!

A few days before Christmas, we had a crazy "Blizzard-thing" (for all you "Groundhog Day" fans). It was crazy. No one could leave their house. But, it was a really great day. I stayed inside, all warm and toasty, and baked in the kitchen all day. Gary spent the day pushing cars out that were stuck in the snow and the boys made snowmen. If anyone needs any carrots, I'm fresh out.

After about five hours of mixing, kneading, rising, baking, frosting, and sprinkling, my braids were all done and ready to be delivered. They need to be delivered very soon after they're done, or they start to dry out and all that work is for, what feels like, nothing. But with the snow and ice and lack of snowplows, I knew there was no way we could even drive around our neighborhood. I thought about walking with all the kids and delivering them, but that would be the opposite of heaven. So, my sweet Gary offered to deliver all the braids to the 17 families I had made them for.
Now, before you worry about poor little Gary all alone in the cold, cold snow, I need to fill you in on a little characteristic of his that makes this job not a job at all- but a dream come true! Gary loves the snow! I had to take this picture of Gary after he came home from shoveling every neighbor's driveway and sidewalk he could get to before they did. What a great guy! He does a very thorough job, too.

Gary brought in the sled and covered it with a sheet and I put the names on the braids. The sticky notes stuck to the plastic wrap. Yeah, it was cold.

Steady. Steady.


So, thanks to my amazing, sweet, strong, selfless Gare-Baby, the bread was delivered and my hours of work were not in vain. And, our wonderfully great neighbors were not given lumps of coal in the form of day-old, dried-out bread. Thanks, Gare-Bear!! I love you!!

3 comments:

Shelley said...

Hey can I borrow some carrots? I'll swing by later to grab them.

I love the activities with little kids involved! Deven and my days are filled with sleeping, reading, and watching TV (with the occasional snowboard trip.

Heather S. said...

Now there is someone whose density it is to live in Utah. As for myself, I question every winter why the opposite of heaven I am here.

Jessi said...

I'm your density.