Tuesday, December 30, 2008

'Twas the night before Christmas

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care- and lots of Scotch Tape! Look at all those stockings! I had to take a picture because I just couldn't believe how many people were all of a sudden in our family. So crazy! And I gave birth to the vast majority!

Anyway, we had an absolutely beautiful Christmas Eve. After the boys played in the crazy blizzard snow all day, we headed off to my Grandma's house. It was our first Christmas without Grandpa Harris and we missed him so much. But, I'm sure he got to see his family get together and have so much fun.

Grandma wouldn't let anyone bring food! She made everything and it was incredibly delicious! She even had "safe" food for our allergy guy-Ryan. She wanted him to have his special food from Great Grandmother. He was so happy!

Here's my "little" brother Eddie (he's like 8 feet tall) and his baby, Westin. Westin almost has hid Dad's "cool" face down, wouldn't you say?

Here's Spencer tearing it up on the floor. He was crawling more than he ever has before. I don't know how he hauls that massive bulk around! There's a lot of determined grunting involved as he pulls himself to his goal, which usually was something messy or breakable.

Cari placed her shoes under the "kid table", unfortunately. She went to put them on and found a good-sized hunk of chili in her shoe. Merry Christmas!!

My amazing Mom always made us Stewart kids new pajamas that we could open on Christmas Eve. Now, these pajamas are famous in, oh, 49 of the 50 states. She makes the pants extra wide and comfy. You don't even need a blanket because you're walking around with one hooked to your legs. There is nothing as great as Mom's pajamas! Well, I didn't have time to make PJ's this year, so they all got feet pajamas from Wal-Mart. :) The boys looked really cute. All the Stewart cousins got to open their pajamas together while they sang "Rudolph" over and over.

Presents are delicious!

Me and my sweet, funny, cute, strong, amazing, beautiful Grandmother.

I love this picture. Doesn't it just have "Christmas" written all over it? Magical.

The boys all fell asleep on the way home from Grandma's, as meticulously planned. Then, Gary and I settled our brains for a long winter's nap . . . and waited for Santa to come!!

1 comment:

Heather S. said...

You always know how to make me laugh! The chili in the shoe story will go down in history....like Columbus!