It's the same thing every year. At about 7:00 PM, I look at the clock with dark, tired circles under my eyes (not mysteriously handsome "Edward" circles, mind you- no, these are blood-shot, watery, puffy- eyes kind of circles) and think, "Five more hours! How can I do this?" The very strange thing is that I stay up until midnight every single night!! Why is it so hard on New Year's Eve?
Okay, so it's not that hard. It's actually really, really fun and I love it! I guess the difference is that on every other night, I'm doing dishes or laundry or reading or watching some show, and it's my choice to stay up and do those things.
On New Year's Eve, midnight is all of a sudden this impossible dream, this unreachable star that I must fight some unbeatable foe with all my might to reach. The anticipation is exhausting. The games- endless. The movies- neverending. The food- delicious! So, yes. There are things that are there to fill my time and it's always so fun, but the constant clock-watching and counting-down take their very taxing toll on my already tired eyes and fuzzy brain.
So, here I sit, typing, looking at the clock every couple of sentences, waiting for midnight. Maybe it's because I'm guaranteed a kiss at midnight . . . who knows. :) Hmmm . . . I remember that part now. . . . Anyway, I'm gonna head back to "Wall-E" and see if he saves the world this time.
And in the words of Lucky Day, (which may very well be the last words written on our blog for the blessed year of 2008) "Gonna make it! Gonna make it!"
3 comments:
Did he kiss you on the veranda? Never mind, I just realized that may have been too personal a question.
Lips will be fine. :)
Hi! This is Katie Delahunty. Hope it is ok that I found your blog. I just read your miracle story and I am so thankful that you wrote that all down. What an amazing miracle! Thanks for sharing. I am so thankful you made it and I look forward to getting to know you better now that we are in the same ward!
Post a Comment