Just look at that sheepish grin!In my second grade Christmas concert (am I allowed to say that?) one of the songs we sang was "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus." While we sang the song, the parents chuckled and nudged each other and I couldn't help feeling like I was missing out on some private joke. I didn't like it. I didn't like it one bit!
And now, as an adult, I still don't get it! I mean, I would never do that to Gary! Honestly, kissing and tickling some man who is not my husband, so matter how jolly, and yes, perhaps even charming he may be, would be inexcusable! And, not to mention Mrs. Claus! I just imagine her waiting up all night for Santa, warming up the hot chocolate and mixing up a batch of his favorite cookies, while he's out wooing women (mothers, no less) under the mistletoe! Tragic.
And "what a sight it would have been if Daddy had only seen Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night?" What kind of a sick joke!? What a sight indeed!
And, don't even get me started on "Santa Baby." Scandalous.
And now, as an adult, I still don't get it! I mean, I would never do that to Gary! Honestly, kissing and tickling some man who is not my husband, so matter how jolly, and yes, perhaps even charming he may be, would be inexcusable! And, not to mention Mrs. Claus! I just imagine her waiting up all night for Santa, warming up the hot chocolate and mixing up a batch of his favorite cookies, while he's out wooing women (mothers, no less) under the mistletoe! Tragic.
And "what a sight it would have been if Daddy had only seen Mommy kissing Santa Claus last night?" What kind of a sick joke!? What a sight indeed!
And, don't even get me started on "Santa Baby." Scandalous.
5 comments:
I'm so lucky to have such a faithfull wife. You are the best!
I was thinking that same thing when I heard that on the radio the other day. I think it was the Jackson 5 version and he said, "and I'm gonna tell my dad!" Talk about confusing for kids!
Haha, you are too funny! Maybe Santa's a rich old guy, some women are into that. :) We don't hang mistletoe, that avoids the whole situation, as well as the confusion if Daddy and Santa were to walk under (by accident) together ;)
As I'm reading this post I'm thinking, "does she really not get it?" I am soooooo gullable. sp?
Cute post!
You crack me up. Apparently Santa can be a pretty frisky fellow. My friend sat on his lap over the weekend and got quite the surprise from his wandering hands. I'm glad you're having none of it though. Good for you.
Post a Comment