I'm a little late, but here are some pictures from my stupendous birthday. I LOVE surprises, which makes it hard to surprise me because I'm always hoping for one. :) So, Gary actually did surprise me on my birthday by having the whole family show up at 10:00 in the morning. He knew if we went anywhere, I'd be suspicious, so he had everyone come
here. Very sneaky. I opened the door to find my brother on the porch and looked at him kind of, well, surprised. He lives 30-40 minutes away. He said, "We're supposed to be here at ten, right?" I said , "I don't know." Then we heard Gary laughing behind us. It was a successful surprise. Good job, Gare Bear!
We all bundled up and went sledding at the best hill at the elementary school. I haven't been sledding, well, probably since high school (which is ironic because I grew up in California.) But, every time Gary has taken the boys sledding, I've always been pregnant or didn't have gloves or didn't have a good coat or didn't have boots, etc. I've always had some excuse. Mostly, I think I was just scared. :)

My human candle- made out of Heidi (Gary's sister) and Ryan.

Eddie's "Picture Face"

I'm the tall one in the middle.

Ben came with me on my maiden voyage to help me be brave. Andrew gave us a good solid push and I screamed all the way down.

Cari tested out the air mattress (provided by Jenn) for its sledability. She was scared, but the run was a success. The mattress was welcomed into our sledding family with open arms. It was just a little hard on the bum, though. :) But, very worth it since we could fit four adults on it and
fly!

Andrew, an experienced sledder.

Gary and me going down the BIG hill. SO fun!! I quickly became addicted to the art of sledding.

After our fun in the snow, we came back for cinnamon rolls (provided very kindly by Gary's fam) and hot chocolate. 29 candles looked very much like . . . 29 candles.
Here's Cari and me racing. Watch until the very end. You get to see the beginning of Cari's infamous crash into the fence. And please ignore my annoying screaming. I wasn't exactly scared by this point, but screaming added to the excitement and you really didn't know when you'd completely lose control and break something, like a leg (right, Brandon? :). My nephew, Brandon, broke his leg sledding on Christmas Eve, which made us very careful.
It was a great birthday. Thank you, Gary, for planning it and to everyone who came! I love you guys!
9 comments:
Anything for my sweetheart!
What fun blog!! I am so glad we found each other and that we can finally catch up. It has been FOREVER!!! And the post about your near death experience, wow, you had me crying!! I am so so so so thankful you were preserved and that I have you still!! Love you tons!
What a fun birthday!
And I loved your post on New Years'. I feel the same way! I am up til midnight very regularly but when I have to stay up, I'm like, is it time to go to bed yet?
Wait! If you're 29, then that means that I'm...no, that's impossible. Then this post was one big LIE!
ha ha, ok, I can deal with the fact that I am almost 30. It's funny though, because I forgot. I saw your post, and it reminded me that I'm 29 too. I'm an idiot. :)
Happy Birthday, indeed.
So I really need to just pick up the phone but since I'm here I just wanted to tell you that Ryan is TOTALLY welcome to come on Saturday. He is such a cutie.
Jessi!! Hey! I am so happy you found me through Heidi's blog! Can you believe how much time has flown by since our good old DT days!! AAGHGH! I love your blog and your boys are sooo cute! You, me, and Heidi should totally get together!! Are you still in Utah?
Oh yeah, that last post from "Meet the Dubreuils" was from me, Sandra:) Again, so happy you found me!!
An air mattress--what a great idea! Why didn't I think of sending one with Paul and my kids while I stayed home bootless and coatless?
Post a Comment