
Wait! Keep reading, even if you don't live in California. :)
I have been wanting to blog about this issue for weeks now, but all I could come up with was, "Pleeease!! Vote for Proposition 8!!!" Luckily, I am surrounded, on and off the web, with people who are much more eloquent than I am who also have the information I needed to make my plea more productive.
While I know many of you do not live in California, I bet most of you know someone who lives there who will soon be voting on Proposition 8 November 4th. I grew up in California and so I have been doing all I can, though I live in Utah, to fight for the success of this proposition. This is something that will effect all of us. We can't sit back and watch everyone else defend the sanctity of marriage for us. It's not an issue in California alone. I hope we are all watching this very closely and doing all we can, wherever we are, to stand up for what is right. I do want to thank all of you amazing families out there who, in your quiet ways, are fighting for the preservation of the family by your examples, by raising your sweet kids, and by protecting and strengthening your own marriage, everyday. I've seen it and am so amazed by you. That is what this is all about and what we're fighting for.
I am so grateful for my family and friends in California for setting such incredible examples for us, spending every waking hour defending our families. They have been courageous and diligent, even amid rising opposition. As members of the LDS church, we have been asked to do whatever we can to fight for Proposition 8. Many families, who were already scrimping, have dipped deeply into their savings and have donated to this cause. They feel that even if the proposition does not pass, they will still be able to tell their grandchildren that they did all they could to protect our families and our freedoms. My best friend, Heather, has set up a "Spectacular Giveaway" on her blog. All proceeds will go to benefit Proposition 8. There are some great, cute, cool, useful things on there and I encourage you to go take a look.
Another great, informative blog is preservingmarriage.blogspot.com. There is a lot of useful information and gadgets you can add to your blog to help make people aware of where you stand on the issue. It also talks about what could happen if Prop 8 fails. It also mentions politicians (Republican and Democrat) who believe that marriage is defined as being between one man and one woman.
Also, here is a link to the official Yes on Proposition 8 website. It's amazing!
I don't want to offend anyone or try to push my views on other people. I am hoping that by blogging on this important issue, it may help you find the tools and information you may have been looking for that can help you fight in defense of marriage between one man and one woman, wherever you are.
2 comments:
LOVE the 1976 photo! Awesome! I need to be yearbooked! Also, I am pretty sure that I AM going to be the last person on earth without a way to pause live TV, so we miss everything good, too! Thanks for the plug for Prop 8, it affects us all, so it helps to get the word out. Get informed, make an educated choice, but most importantly GET OUT THERE AND VOTE! So many people think that their vote doesn't really count, but if everyone thought that way democracy would be in serious trouble!
One bright spot to the election--YAY! At least until they challenge it again in another 8 years or so.
Post a Comment