4 of the many things I love about my Gare Baby1. He is the sweetest, nicest guy I've ever known. He always has a big, happy, sincere smile. He is the most devoted, loving husband and father. (Yes, I'm counting those as one thing. They all fall under the category of niceness, ok!)
2. He lets me be the spazz that I am, and just smiles and laughs even if he has no idea what I'm doing or talking about. . . or dancing about or singing about or quoting. That was one thing that set him apart from the very beginning. I have always been able to be me, without ever feeling judged. But at the same time, I want to be better for him every single day. Aww!
3. He always lets me hold the remote control. He rarely ever cares what we watch, which is good, because I care deeply what we watch, no matter how many shows we're watching at one time. (Yes, I'm the guy in the TV realm of our relationship.) He never cares because he never remembers what he's seen. I'll say, "Have you seen this movie?" And he'll say, "I don't think so." Then halfway through he'll say, and I mean every single time, "Oh, I have seen this!" Sometimes, he'll just start laughing, then I'll laugh because we both know that he's realized he has seen it. I've known him long enough now that I can usually say, "Yes you have," or "No, you haven't," and he just trusts me.
4. He listens to me talk about anything and everything any time of the day or night. He brings everything into perspective for me and always makes everything all better.
4 movies I could watch more than once
(This one was too hard for me because I could pretty much watch any movie I like countless times, so I decided to write ones I could not watch more than once.)
1. 10,ooo BC- I mean, what the heck was that all about?? Put me out of my misery!! I probably went to the bathroom 53 times during that movie, not just because it was way too long, but because I was bored and confused and needed to escape from that strange time when everyone somehow had terrible British-Iranian accents.
2. Any of the Problem Child movies
3. The Brave Little Toaster- psycho! (I liked it when I was little, but it always made me feel a little homesick, even while watching it in my home.)
4. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang- love Dick Van Dyke, love the theme song, but the rest? Not so much. A couple years ago, I was stuck on the couch, really sick and the boys rented that for their date movie. I pulled "an opposite of Gary move", and thought I had seen it. Well, about halfway through, I just kept thinking, "Where am I? What the heck is going on? Why are these children in some underground cave? Where's my Mom?"
**I'm going to change #4 to The Sixth Sense. I am writing this part a few weeks after I originally posted this, but I've been thinking about it (cuz I do that) and I've decided I could not, would not watch that movie again. I hate movies about dead people and traumatized little kids. . . but I thought it was so cool that Bruce Willis was dead!!! AAHHH!! Creepy! I would watch only the very end to see how it all comes together, but nothing before that!
4 Shows I watch
1. Seinfeld reruns
2. Biggest Loser
3. American Idol (at the beginning and then again at the end. I get bored in the middle)
4. Clifford and Curious George- not always my choice (especially when Clifford involves the little brat, Jetta, and George is in trouble again because people gave him yet another task no monkey could accomplish!), but I sadly find myself in a trance watching them, even if the kids have left the room. "My brain is oatmeal!"(Mr.Mom)
*I love The Office, but it's on at bedtime, so, tragically I miss it. And we're the last people on earth without some sort of "pausing" device, so I really do miss those bedtime shows.
4 places I've been today
1. The basement to do countless loads of laundry (I'm recovering from being sick this weekend)
2. The living room to play some piano.
3. The family room to watch a little Peter Pan with the boys when Ben got scared of Captain Hook.
4. The backyard to play catch and to test out the slipperiness of the patio before the boys played on it. Gary sealed it on Saturday. It looks beautiful, but it's pretty treacherous, for now. :)
4 people who email me regularly
1. Gary
2. My Parents
3. Kristine
4. Heather
4 places I've visited (I'll start with the most exotic)
1. Nauvoo, IL
2. Washington (state)
3. California (northern and southern. ooooooh!)
4. Spanish Fork, UT- I've been to many Utah cities, I just went with the most outrageous! Yeah, I need to get out more.
4 places (among many) I'd like to go
1. France (to see if I could say one sentence in French after taking 6 years of it. Oui! Six ans!)
2. Washington DC
3. Roseville, CA area to visit Gary's mission
4. New York
4 things I'm looking forward to in the next year
1. Living up the last year of my roaring twenties (sniff sniff)
2. All the boys' birthdays- including Spencer Babe's first!
3. Our 8th wedding anniversary
4. Continue living my dream-come-true life
You're ALL tagged!
that last line is dedicated to Stacy
that last line is dedicated to Stacy
2 comments:
Awwww! Tender! :)
I laughed my booty off at the Clifford part! :)
It's supposed to be 4 movies that you COULD watch more than once, but you are all about being rebellious aren't you?
You are way cuter than I was in 1976, but what's the deal with you wearing the same exact outfit as me?!
Post a Comment