Friday, October 3, 2008

The Great Debate Date

I get very crazily into the debates. I just sit on the couch and bite my nails and yell at the t.v. like I'm watching a BYU football game or some other type of sporting event. Things like, "Oh puh-lease" and "Are you kidding?" and "Oh, that was great" and "Yes!" and "What a liar!" spew forth from my lips as I feverishly mop my brow.

Gary had parent/teacher conferences last night so I didn't have him here to pat my shoulder and say, "There, there." Don't worry, I have LOTS of boyfriends. And these boyfriends are more than willing to stay up a little bit past bedtime to help Mommy in her noble cause to cheer for the good guys, especially if staying up is called a "date" and popcorn and orange julius are involved. And, oh yeah, if I put them to bed on time, I'd miss the debate, so a date it is! :)

So, of course, last night was the Vice Presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden. In my completely unbiased opinion, I think Palin did so great! She was confident and knowledgeable and strong and funny and . . . right. She talked straight into the camera, and at one point, Ryan, without turning away from the t.v., tapped Ben on the shoulder who was being a little loud and whispered, "Shh. She's talking to you."

The future of America


"Sarah Palin is pretty." (He didn't actually say that, but he did watch every time she spoke. :)


Ben's got the dipping of the popcorn into the julius down. I've taught him well.


The liberal media gets to not-so-subtly push Obama down our throats, so I thought I would use my little medium here to not-so-subtly push for Palin. Hum hum hum whistle whistle whistle. Don't mind me. Well, now that my not-so-secret secret is out . . . McCain 08!!!! (I never thought I'd see the day that I'd be cheering for McCain, but I really love him and think he is so great.)

And on a side note, thank you to my parents and Heather and all my other old pals who are working so hard for Proposition 8 in California. I wish I could do more from where I am, but just know that we're grateful. You're setting a great example with your courage and enthusiasm. Great job!

2 comments:

Gary said...

Great post sweetheart!

Jenn said...

Look at me, I ran right upstairs after you left so I could read your post! What a cute date.