Ha Ha Ha!! I gotcha! You silly sillies. I was a week late, but just what was I late doing, you implore? Well, going on a drive up the canyon to see the changing leaves, of course. Yes, now you can breathe that sigh of relief that has been building up in your lungs. Put your eyes back in your head and let's continue at a nice, leisurely pace.
Now, I can use the word "we." I couldn't before because saying "We were a week late" just wouldn't produce the effect I was going for. Anyway, after a very enjoyable Sunday at my sweet little Grandma's house watching General Conference, we took the Alpine Loop home. It goes up Provo Canyon and down American Fork Canyon. We were hoping to see the last of the changing leaves. The tops of the mountains were covered in a beautiful layer of fresh white snow, providing a lovely contrast with the once-more-colorful leaves.
One thing did bother us as we drove through Robert Redford Country, though. We were disturbed, as usual, to see that he callously and ironically nailed "Private Property" signs to the trees- as if they weren't even human! I mean, c'mon. Using a perfectly innocent tree to make a statement. Now that just makes me want to do something rash, like walk "barefoot in the park" or something! No, I'd probably wear my "sneakers," but I would get "up close and personal" if I did see Robert also walking in the park, barefoot or non, and ask him why, oh why he chose to do such a thing! He'd chuckle and pat me on the head and reply, "Because I'm rich." Then I'd ask if I could be his friend. Then we'd mourn the loss of "Butch." (This is the second time I've talked about Robert Redford in my blog. Weird.)
I decided to use the above dead tree as propaganda against using trees as law enforcement. Oh sure, there were plenty of live trees around with "Private Property" nailed to them, but that just wouldn't serve my purpose. We decided this one died a slow death from a puncture wound to the heart. Just kidding. I'll set the sarcasm aside, for now. We just found it ironic. :)
Don't turn your head back over your shoulder.
And only stop to rest yourself when the silver moon
Is shining high above the trees."
Gotta love James Taylor, or as he prefers me to call him, Sweet Baby James.
Though the leaves were not as brilliant as we've seen them in years past (as in the dating years), we consider this trip up the canyon a successful one. It was beautiful. The boys loved it . . . then fell asleep. BYU Men's Chorus played in the background. The air was a cool, crisp, and crunchy 43 degrees. Delicious! Fall has fallen.
PS- Please ignore the dates on the bottom of the pictures. I use them when I print off hundreds of pictures at a time. I would be lost without them.
PS- Please ignore the dates on the bottom of the pictures. I use them when I print off hundreds of pictures at a time. I would be lost without them.
5 comments:
Sorry! I didn't mean to give you a complex about the date on your pictures!
Utah is so purdy!
I AM scarred for life, but I really have wanted to put something on there about how the date is there on purpose anyway. :) I just needed the motivation. So really, thank you, no, thank YOU!
You really are too funny! I have the same feelings about Robert Redford Country - what's with marring trees to make your environmentalist statement? I don't know. Hollywood, we wouldn't understand anyway. Love the pictures, I have been meaning to get up the canyon before the beautiful fall leaves are gone, looks like I'll have to go SOON!
Your pictures are beautiful! I have many fond memories of Provo Canyon and miss living so close to the mountains.
Besides injuring that innocent tree that his message was posted on, he also killed another one to make his PAPER sign.
I don't mind the date stamp on your pictures as long as it always coordinates as well as the yellow does in these shots.
"as if they weren't even human" HaHa!
Post a Comment