(I love that they wore their Statue of Liberty crowns like visors.)
He was so curious, he actually became a part of the parade, and so did we as we ran to get him. It felt SO cool being famous for those few seconds. I couldn't sign any autographs after because, well, no one asked me for one. Huh.
It was a perfect day for a parade. It was actually sprinkling when we got there and it was so nice the whole time. My parents came in to town with their foreign exchange students from Sweden because there's just no better place to experience the 4th of July than in Provo and they wanted to show them how fun it is. I think they liked it, though they did have to hang out with the crazy Stewarts. :) You know you're jealous. (Unless you were there with us, of course, and then you know what a rip-roarin' good time we had!)
I wasn't able to run the 5k this year because I like my insides to stay intact, but not too intact that they require surgery. I shouldn't have run last year, either, but I knew my doctor would say No if I asked. . . and he would have been right. Well, next year for sure!! I'll just do it legally and not get "pulled over" by security, right Jenn! Hey, you were just celebrating your freedoms!! But, for anyone who is considering running, it seems they want you to, like, pay to run. Weird. That sounds like the opposite of free to me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment