Thursday, February 12, 2009

Phew!

Spencer turned 10 moths old on Monday the 9th. He got his third tooth that day (and that night, of course) and learned how to do this:


Yippee!! Before Spencer learned to go down the stairs, he'd only fallen a couple times. It's the absolute worst thing every time, and I'm paranoid for the rest of the day. Luckily, he is so smart. After the second fall, he figured out that it wasn't a fun thing to do, so now when he needs to come down the stairs he just waits for me at the top and does this fake cough with a big grin on his face and I come get him and tell him he's a good boy and give him a big hug and high five.

All the boys, especially Ben, are on high alert whenever Spencer is by the stairs. If Spencer gets near the stairs, Ben blocks his way and screams, "No, Baby! No falling!" It was actually Ben who taught Spencer how to go down the stairs. He made Spencer look at him while he went down the stairs backwards, then Spencer just did it! We still have to turn him around at the top, but it has made my life much easier and much less stressful.

I love hearing Ben talk about his "space ship" in the background. Just so you know, he's playing in the huge pile of laundry I had dumped on the floor so I could record Spencer. I'm glad he can make something positive out of something that makes me crazy! I just might take a break from laundry and make a space ship of my own.

4 comments:

lindsey v said...

Aww, so cute! I know, it's always a relief when they figure out how to go down the safe way.

(I loved hearing all about the spaceship in the background too!)

"Miss Kris" said...

Ah! That is so, so cute! I love how Spencer is so happy for himself. I want to hear Ben's warning in person. (sigh)

Jenn said...

How cute, Spencer's fake cough to get your attention. "Eh-hem. Excuse me. Eh-HEM!"

Sandra Dubreuil said...

You are SO LUCKY that he learned to go down the stairs! Our little Lex has fallen down our stairs and it was so traumatic that I'm uber paranoid whenever the gate isn't shut. We've tried to teach her but for some reason it's just not clicking. She thinks it's fun to stand on them and dance...yeah, not the best thing to be doing on the stairs!!