When I was three (or "fuhluhwee, as I said it) I tried out for a "My Pretty Pony" commercial. We still have the Beta tape of it- you better believe it! Anyway, I had four siblings by that time and the interviewer lady asked me if I had any brothers or sisters. Without hesitation I said, in my raspy three-year-old voice, "I have Bobby." Aww!
I just wanted to put this cute lil' picture up and say, "Rob, I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, but I'm a little glowing friend, but really I'm not actually your friend, but I am." You've always been the big brother who looked over us like a blue canary in the outlet by the light switch.
Thanks for teaching me how to throw a football and play baseball and letting me tag along when you played hockey with your friends. Thanks for only sighing and walking away instead of beating me up when I welcomed you home from school when you were in 5th grade, wearing underwear on my head in front of all your friends. Thanks for giving me a ride on the handlebars of your bike and showing me the cows by our house- and keeping me safe from that bull you said was charging at us (though I never did see actually see it) that would most likely kill me first because I was in front of you. Thanks for playing Tetris with me till the wee hours of the morning. Thanks for letting us come play at your house and hang out and for marrying a gal who is one of my very best friends and having kids who are our kids' best friends. You're the best!
Watch out, there's no telling when I'll greet you with underwear on my head. Consider yourself warned.
No comments:
Post a Comment