Warning: Boring
So, I've been on pins and needles the last couple of days, dying to know who John McCain would pick for his VP. Yes, I admit I tend to be a very politically-minded person. I also admit I don't understand all the ins and outs of politics, but I get very excited about the whole process. And if you live in Utah, I will probably just sound like all the other Utahan Conservatives out there, but I promise I have thought this through for myself and I am just so excited about this.
Anyway, after Obama chose an arrogant guy just like himself, Biden, for his VP, I felt myself get hopeful. I don't think he made the best choice. John McCain is not my favorite politician in the world and I knew, as most others did, that he needed a great choice for a VP. My first choice? Romney. Mitt Romney. Of course, I wanted him to be President, and I'm still in mourning, but we'll make it through. My parents spent 7-8 hours on the phones at his campaign offices in California so when he graciously and gentlemanly "dropped out" it was so sad.
Well, I knew I shouldn't have, but I was letting myself get excited that McCain might pick Romney for a running mate. The other side of me knew this would not happen. With Obama making history on the Democratic side in regard to race, the Republican side couldn't have two white guys running against him. I realized this today, and I wish it didn't matter, but it does. "Can't we all just get along?" Also, McCain is turning the big 7-2 today and he has to prove he's a forward-thinker. Just 16 years before he was born, women were barely allowed to vote. He's not very young; some might even say he's old!
So, I just listened to McCain's VP pick, Sarah Palin (she's a girl), speak. I am excited. I was sad it wasn't Romney, but as I listened to her, I realized how smart of a decision it was to choose her. She's smart and pretty and strong. I kept comparing her vibrant, determined voice to the shrill, angry voice of Hillary Clinton and compared what motivated them to get where they are. The motives are obvious, to me, and I don't want to bore you too much longer, but let's just say I'm a fan of Sarah Palin, and now I'm a bigger fan of John McCain. Whatever his motivation was for picking a woman as his running-mate, I do think she was the right choice. I just hope everybody else does.
See, this was pretty boring. Don't say I didn't warn ya!
2 comments:
Hey! What happened to the funny little woman that writes on here? I married an amazing woman myself.
Oh thanks, Gare Baby. I just wanted to see if I could fool people into thinking I had a brain myself.
Post a Comment