Tuesday, July 1, 2008

The Rainbow Connection


Kermit the Frog once sweetly implored, "Why are there so many songs about rainbows?" I think I know why.I was doing the dishes the other day and I noticed that I had loaded a rainbow into the dishwasher. Then I thought to myself, "Childhood makes life colorful."


This would be a drab beige wall, with boring white flowers. But, now it is bursting with color and excitement!


And this used to be a plain, empty wall, but now it has beautiful, red apples falling off the leafy green tree by the dozen underneath a deep blue sky and bright yellow sun.

Children, like rainbows, "have nothing to hide." And just "look what it's done so far!" Who can experience this rainbow connection, you ask?? Well, you, Kermit, Kenny Loggins, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2 comments:

Jared said...

Ha! Kenny Loggins! Classic!

Jenn said...

Cute cute cute!!!