Thursday, July 17, 2008

Andrew's 6th Birthday!

It seems I have a six-year-old. I don't know how this happened, but apparently it's true. My first little baby is going to be a first-grader this year, but I don't know how that's possible because he just learned how to walk. He also counts to many hundreds, which is strange because he just learned how to say, "Mama." He's ridden a two-wheeler since he was four, but I'm sure it was just yesterday I took him for a walk strapped onto me in a baby carrier . He went from wanting wood blocks with the ABC's on them to wanting a skateboard and Transformers. Time flies. Sorry to sound a little nostalgic, but this birthday was a little hard for me. He's getting so big, and he reminds me every day. I guess that's a good sign. If they have to tell you they're big, they're probably still a little bit little.

Anyway, we had a very fun birthday for Andrew. It was his first friend birthday. Instead of going fancy on the games, not to mention expensive with prizes and stuff, I went old school. We finally have a backyard after years of hard work so we got to break in the yard too. We played tag, red rover, and red light/green light. Boy, are kids cheaters! :) I NEVER won! It's good I didn't buy prizes for the winners because they cheat! Don't worry I did too. :)

Here are Andrew and Ryan making Andrew's cake. Cute.

Andrew designs all of his cakes. This is a round cake (yellow cake w/ chocolate frosting) on top of a 9x13 carrot cake topped off with peanut butter M&Ms.
(For his 5th birthday, we traced his hand on cardboard, frosted it, and put it on the cake and he had me write "Give me Five!" on the cake. Very clever.)

Here is my niece, Raegan, keeping everyone in the future dog run, which for now is, of course, JAIL!

Red Rover, Red Rover, send INJURIES right over!
Here are Ryan and Andrew before Dad was sent right over.

Here they are, or were, after. This game is not for the faint of heart!
Unfortunately, we didn't get to finish Red Rover. After several casualties, I announced, "OK! Everybody won! Let's eat cake!"

Here's my cute Andrew. He loves to be "it." Instead of "1-2-3 Not it!" He just waits and says, "I'm it!" I'm afraid he got that from me. :)

Thanks to my brother, Rob, we actually have pictures of Andrew's birthday. He always takes good ones. You can see Gary in the background, helping Ryan heal after his traumatic first Red Rover. . .roving.:)

Every birthday I try to get a picture of the birthday kid at the front door with the number they're turning taped to the door. Here's last year:

Here's this year:

It was a great, fun day. He got tons of fun things. Thank you to everyone who came. We love being with all ya'll! Happy Birthday to my little Andrew, sorry- BIG Andrew! (He's going to read this:) ) We love you SOOO much, Drewbie Stew!!

2 comments:

Bryson Family said...

Andrew designed the cake! And last year he thought of "give me five" - AMAZING! And, seriously, I see where they get their creativity - I love that you tape their birth years on the door! (So, I tried doing this without so many explanation points since a mutual friend of ours, who will remain nameless of course, once pointed out his annoyance at my excessive use of that punctuation, but I had to put them back in...)

Jessi said...

I have a pretty good idea who this friend is!!!!!!!!! :) Take that!