Do you know what song my title came from? I hope so, especially if you're a girl and you grew up in the 80's. I'll give you a hint: The Peculiar Purple Pieman of Porcupine Peak.
I would like to wish you a temporary, yet fond, farewell. Tomorrow (Andrew's official birthday) we are leaving for good old Californ-i-a! I'm so excited to go home and see my parents and friends and go to the beach. And as great as that is, it's not why I'm writing. We'll also get to see my Dad's new hawk he's driving up to get from San Fransisco tomorrow night. Which is also cool, but not why I'm writing. We're also bringing home my parents' old, yet very nice TV. (We have yet to actually buy a TV. It's been great.) But that's not even the best part. We 're leaving little Spence with my parents (the very sad part), coming back and leaving the other boys with Gary's fam, and then Gary and I are headed to (I'm sorry, Heather, I've hesitated to tell you) Lake Powell!! Just remember Heather, next year, next year!
My uncle and his wife own a great houseboat and we will be there most of next week on our first real vacation. How excited am I? Oh, very! It's killing me to leave the boys, but my uncle has a satellite phone, so I feel better. And it's good to go and get away and relax, at least that's what I've heard. It will be Gary and I (or is it "me" Jared? I think it's "me" now that I think about it) and seven other couples. My uncle called a few weeks after I got home from the hospital and I was barely able to walk without help. He asked if we'd like to go to Lake Powell. I just knew it had to happen. We were due for a vacation and it's perfect timing with recovering and work craziness and everything. I haven't had a real tan in , oh, six years. My brother-in-law keeps telling me I'm going to get what he calls "Mom legs." Once you go a certain number of years without getting a real tan, it will never happen again. Not necessarily that it can't, I don't think (which he would disagree with) but that you just don't care anymore. I have come dangerously close to that point. It's going to be hard to leave Spencer so far away, but he gets to hang out with my amazing Mom who pretty much took complete care of him while she lived here after I got home. I just have to have my blood checked on the morning we leave, bring my blood thinners along, and I'm good to go. The boys will have fun with their grandparents and they'll be in good hands. I just have to relax and let go for a few days, but it's weird how hard that is.
The weekend after Lake Powell, I will fly back to CA to get Spencer. That will be a long flight. So, tonight I pretty much have to pack for approximately 53 different things. I guess that's why I'm blogging. I just don't want to do it! I have written a little song though:
Happy tanning to me!
Happy skiing to us!
Happy resting for Gary,
and happy tanning to me!
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
It's okay...I'm not bitter...much. :) No, I am so over Powell, but I am so glad that you get to go! You deserve it! I hope you enjoy every second! Don't worry about the boys...they will be fine. And don't feel bad if you just enjoy some "me: time and time with Gary...you need it!
Have fun! I love you!
ps...how long will you be in town? maybe we can meet up?
Thanks for leaving a comment on our blog - or I wouldn't have known it existed! Have a blast in Lake Powell - we are SO SO SO bummed we can't come (I think Deven hearing everyone was going was his first blast of reality of how far NY really is).
If anybody deserves a vacation, you guys do. Enjoy!
Post a Comment