Saturday, January 16, 2010

On Christmas Day in the Morning

Magical

Anticipation
Ryan is happy, we just caught him at the wrong moment. Dang!


Ry's present from his teacher.

All Ben wanted was a snow globe. I love this toy. It very sweetly plays Christmas carols and lights up and the snow gets swirled around by air- no water, no glass. Santa was a genius and got this at Home Depot. . . I think.

These pictures are in the wrong order. We didn't wrap up the "gaff" after he saw it, in case you're confused. :)

We had my sister, Kristine, aka "Kiffy", with us for Christmas morning. It was the best! She really and truly saved the day and did, oh, everything (including the worst case of undone dishes ever!) while I finished blankets and Gary put things together. Because she came, we all got more than. . . none sleep that night.

This pillow case quilt is of Lehi's Dream from my sister Angie to Kris. Since it's made by Ang, there has to be a little clever play on words, of sorts. She could have just made a quilt to hang up, but since it's of Lehi's Dream, she had to make a pillow case. SO cute! This really is incredible. Ang spent countless hours on each perfectly sewn piece. Every color, shape, and quilting pattern has symbolism. And, get this, the fruit glows in the dark. Incredible!!

Ryan and Kiffy are allergy twins and one of their shared allergies is milk. We have discovered that Hostess Cupcakes are "safe" and so Ryan wanted to get some for Kiffy. He wrapped it and was so excited to give them to her. I love this picture.

The epitome of pure joy!! I think he likes it. :)

Andrew's rip stick, which I call the "skateboard thing." How did I get such an old kid?! So cute!! Oh, and do you see my iPod player in the background? I love it!! I don't know how I've lived to long without it. It's an alarm clock too. So the other day, I woke up to "Your Mama Don't Dance." Awesome.

We had a beautiful Christmas morning. I loved it!! It gets more and more magical every year!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

What a fun Christmas! And those pajamas that you didn't have to make are totally cute!

Jessi said...

Costco, Baby!