Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ya Wanna See Su'um Crazy!?

Ben has been on his little plastic "Diego" tricycle for a looong time now. He's been ready for a two-wheeler with training wheels since he was, oooh, born, but we had to wait until Andrew got a new one to pass the bikes down to the next kid, you understand.

Well, he finally got Ryan's old bike and we put the training wheels back on it and he rode around a for a while. Then he asked to ride Ryan's "new" training-wheelsless bike and have me hold the bike up. So I was walking next to him, holding him up and for fun . . . I let go. All of a sudden, I was running next to this crazy three-year-old riding a huge two-wheeler!Ben was not allowed to ride a bike for a couple days until Gary was home and we could record him.



This is Ben's second time riding a two-wheeler. Amazing! He went from tricycle to two-wheeler in about three days. I'm really not surprised, I mean, this is Ben 'n all. :) It has been so fun to watch this little baby ride around with all the big boys.

He has incredible balance, that I would love to say he got from me, but you would all fall out of your chairs laughing and I don't want anyone to get hurt. Ben did fall off his bike for the first time the other day and it was like watching Superman get punched and bleed after he lost his powers in Superman II. Ben was in shock. "Blood! From me? But I'm indestructible!!" (I'm paraphrasing. It was more like, "Waaa! Waaa!") It was good for him. He's a tiny bit more careful now. :) He does pop wheelies off the curb and stands up straight on the pedals, but he's in control. He even "teaches" me new tricks. :) It's nuts I tell you! Nuts!

1 comment:

lindsey v said...

What?! How do your kids learn so easy?! I need to send my kids over ASAP.

I love the whole posse following Ben. Even the dog! Cute!