Andrew turned 7 on July 18th. He had a very fun and loooong birthday party with 14, count 'em, 14 of his closest friends. :) What's great is that they really are his closest friends, and there are even more of them who couldn't make it! Andrew is a sweet boy and a great friend and is very fun to be around. He's shy at first, but once you're Andrew's friend, he's your friend forever! I figured, if we were having more than, oh, 5 boys, we might as well have 20. That's the great thing about boys- "the more the merrier" definitely applies. It makes me cringe to think of what I'd do with 14
girls! I've been there, and I know that at least six would have left early in tears. :)

With this group of boys, all we needed were water balloons, water guns, a water ball-thingy, and of course, Gary with the hose. It was the hottest day of the year and if I could manage it without scaring all the little boys away, I would have worn my swimming suit.
That would have sent them home crying for sure!

Lucky Number Seven!

Andrew got a new bike for his birthday, only because his knees were hitting the handle bars of his old bike. He looked huge, but little, on his new "racing bike."

Opening presents, surrounded by a "brazillian" boys!

Race Car Cake

Success!
By the end of this cake, kids were just taking their forks and eating it like animals. It
was pretty much delicious, I must say. Yay for Betty Crocker!(or whoever made the mix.)

Spencer was a fan.

Most of the Gang. They are such good boys. Our kids are so lucky to have such great kids to grow up with.
(Please excuse
all of my singing. I
really with those candles were ready, as do you, I'm sure. But, ya gotta have the candle-blowing-out part!)
I took Andrew for his 7-year-old well-child check and after we ate lunch at McDonald's. We were talking and laughing and he sat right next to me in the booth. He hugged my arm and said it was the best day of his life. I asked him if he wanted to play for a minute in the Play Place and he said he just wanted to be with me and that I was the best Mom in the world. He melts my heart! I told him I was so proud of him and he's exactly the boy I always hoped he'd be, as soon as I found out we were having a boy over seven years ago. Andrew is a dream come true and we love him SO much!!
Happy Birthday, Andrew!!
1 comment:
ha ha ha! Brazillian! :)
Andres is SEVEN???? Impossible! He was just born! :) I'm getting old. Too bad you're older {snicker}.
:)
Hapy Berfday Andrew!!!!
Post a Comment