Spoiler Alert! (Thanks, Heather!)Our boys love Star Wars. We haven't actually gotten around to buying the movie, but my sister (or, my sister's husband, I should say) has it and they watch it when we are at her house. Anyway, they know that Darth Vader is the baddest of bad guys and Luke is the goodest of good guys (though a little too whiny, in my opinion. "Show yourself!"- That's for those of you who have seen "Thumb Wars.")
Well, a few weeks ago, we took dinner to my cute Grandma. After dinner, she and I sat down to work on a puzzle and the boys went downstairs to watch The Empire Strikes Back. Now, I have been shielding this movie from the boys because I wasn't sure which episode (after episode IV) was the one with Leia in the golden bikini. But, I figured with Gary down there, they'd be okay. Yeah, I'm one of those moms.
Anyway, the movie was over and all the boys came running up the stairs, so excited. Andrew ran right to me and exclaimed, "Mom!! Oh my gosh! Darth Vader is Luke's Father!"
The next generation, indeed.
2 comments:
Thanks a lot! You really should have specified "spoiler alert" in your title!
I love your kid quotes on the side of the page. They crack me up.
Ha! HA! That is so funny! I love it! A Classic!
And I love the children quotes on the side. I was laughing pretty hard. I love those boys!
Post a Comment