Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beware the Ides of March


I just thought I'd give you a little "Julius Caesar" reference to brighten your day.

Beware!

Be especially wary of any and all of your "friends" named Brutus, especially if you are named Julius. (Though, if you are simply drinking an orange julius, relax. I don't think that counts.) Yes, the Brutuses (Brutii?) in your life may seem noble, but they may not have what's best for you at heart. But, since it is 9:36 in the p.m., mountain standard time, methinks the chances of your survival on this ill-fated day are quite good, especially if you are alive while you read this. Congratulations. But, just to be safe, I recommend turning in early tonight. We wouldn't want to push our luck, now would we?

5 comments:

Jenn said...

You are way smarter than I am. You English Major, you! All I can say is, beware of the aftershocks of corned-beef and cabbage.

Jessi said...

Smart? That's hilarious! I'm just waiting for someone to say, "Nice try. That's not even Julius Caesar." And I will beware of any aftershocks. It sounds like I may have to call you. :)

"Miss Kris" said...

What if I was dead and I was still given the opportunity to read your post? What an honor!

lindsey v said...

I have never heard of the Ides of March... but reading this post helped me to answer a crossword puzzle that I did, so thanks! It said "______" of March. "Ides" fit! Wahoo!

Jessi said...

I'm SO glad I could help. Just so you know, the "Ides of March" is the 15th of March, for any future crossword puzzles. :)