Thursday, June 19, 2008

Happy Birthday, Baby, oh, I love you so!!

Gary- he gets things done!!




You all may recognize the title of this post as lyrics from the song "Sixteen Candles." Since Gary is now 16 x 2, as in 32 years old, I thought those words very appropriate. Not only because I do love my Gare Baby, but also because of the incredible mathematical significance!! Sure, I may have graduated in English, but I have mad math skills!! (What you can't see is my calculator I've had since junior high next to me. . .Just kidding!) Go Juniper!!



Gary and Jenn at Gary's B-day Party. If Gary took off his shirt,
he'd look just like that Viking on his shirt,
but he doesn't like to show off. :)

I have noticed as people get older, we don't put ALL the candles on the cake, like when we're younger-- unless it's a multiple of 10, like 40 or whatever, and anything over 100. Instead, we use our math skills to make the number of candles we could fit on the cake work. For example, we put 8 candles on Gary's cake because that looked the best, but of course, 8 x 4 = 32, so it was meant to be!! Next year I'll probably do 9 because he'll be 33, and 3 x 3 = 9. Perfect!! But watch out for #40-we're holding nothing back!!

Now for my actual purpose in writing today. I must say how much I love Gary and what an absolutely sweet, amazing, loyal, dedicated, hard-working, selfless, dashingly handsome husband and dad he is. Not a day goes by that I don't thank a very wise and patient and all-knowing Heavenly Father for helping me find and marry this incredible person. Oh sure, I had a brazillion (thanks Heather) other offers, but I decided to chose Gary. OK, OK!! So I chased him and you all know that . . . but it was worth the chase!! I love you Gary!! Happy Birthday!!

4 comments:

Hizzeather said...

Awww! Sweet post! I love Gare Bear too!

ps...your math skils are like mine! ha ha

Jessi said...

I obviously need a little practice posting, but it's loads of fun!!

Jared said...

Take off your shirt!!!!

Jenn said...

That post is so cute! Jess! I've been going to the Wordpress site everyday waiting for you to try blogging! Little did I know I had the wrong site!!! I'm glad Dad sent a link today. I'm about to read your latest post, I can't wait!