Tuesday, June 1, 2010

To Reach the Unreachable Bunk

After searching for years for a bunk bed a little baby couldn't climb up and after not installing the ladder on purpose and even putting that side of the bed against the wall and after finding one where the two beds were far enough apart no one but a big kid could climb to the top bunk, I went upstairs one day to find this:

Don't get me wrong, I have raised crazy climbing boys for eight years and I am not naive enough to think this wouldn't happen- but I just didn't think it would happen two weeks after we got the long sought after beds! Luckily, Spencer is pretty much stuck once he's up there, which is nice because he's contained and fairly safe. He'll just play up there and read whatever book was left behind until I hear, "Mom! Get down! Mom!"

But, though Spencer can't get down yet, the older boys jump off the top bunk with pillow cases as parachutes onto piles of pillows and blankets.

Just like I did.

1 comment:

Hizzeather said...

FYI, Derek broke BOTH arms jumping off the top bunk when we were kids. Well, he didn't jump, he was pushed. And he broke his arms because he was reaching out to stop himself. And I was the only other person on the top bunk. So don't be afraid of the kids being on the top bunk...just be afraid if they're with ME on the top bunk! :)