Monday, June 14, 2010

On My Foot

You would think I'd have more shapely legs walking around with this kind of weight attached to me, buuuut. . . Yeah, this is Ben's favorite place to be. And when he's here, I know exactly where he is and what's he's doing, and if you know Ben, that is a very good thing. :) And every time I look down at him, he gives me that big smile of contentment. Going up and down stairs is a challenge, and he usually just likes my right leg so I may end up being a tad lopsided, but how long is he going to want to go for this little ride, or be able to fit on my short legs? So, he may like going for these little rides around the house while I make dinner or fold laundry or wipe off counters, but I bet I LOVE it more.

One of my favorite talks was given by, oh, someone, at a Relief Society Broadcast a few years ago. The speaker was talking about a young mother who was complaining that her little children were always underfoot whenever she was trying to get things done. The speaker told the mom, "They can't be underfoot when they're in your arms." And in this situation I could say, "He can't be underfoot when he's on your foot."

1 comment:

"Miss Kris" said...

That's a very Ben way of altering the advice a bit. I love it. Awe, so sweet and cute.