
My dear, dear sister and brother-in-law gave us a one night stay at The Homestead for Christmas. Hello! How perfect is that for two people with four kids and three callings and three jobs and and one HOA and one Track Program and one Master's Program and one. . . dog who never see each other?! And what do all those numbers add up to??? Well, not nine, but we decided to use it for our. . .
Ninth Anniversary!

As you can see here, tubing was a part of the package, and let me tell you- it was one of the funnest things I've ever done!

There were about 6 different tracks and they all had their own little "personality." Being the Jess that I am, I liked the one I did first, which just happened to be track #1. Number 3 was also great because it had a big hill at the top. Gary and I would also race and I lost every single time because Gary cheated and used his mad physics skills. We would also hook our tubes together and fly down. You really have no control and you spin all over the place and it's the best!!
AND, you don't have to drag your tube up the hill!
AND they had the best music playing.

Look at that view. . . and the mountains. :)

I have never met this lady in my life, but when she saw we were taking our picture she jumped right in! We became kindred spirits that day. She was there with a bunch of Young Women, and when I saw them taking a group picture, you better believe I jumped in there and she was right next to me with her arm around me like I was one of the gals. I believe I'm doing "jazz hands" in their picture. It was SO fun.

Our view from the Homestead

SO beautiful!

On the way home people were ice fishing in the same spot we went out on wave runners years ago. . . on. It looked so fun, but I wanted to shout, "That lake isn't always frozen, ya know!" I guess they know what they're doing. Maybe next year.

Frozen waterfalls= we got married in March. Hey, we actually did it on purpose. We thought we were so smart and would "get it over with" so we could be all "settled" and do great on finals, instead of being stressed out all semester, planning everything and not doing well in school. So young. So naive. So in love. :)
We had the best time and it would not have happened if Jenn and Josh hadn't given us that perfect gift in the first place, of course, and then they watched 1/2 our kids! Thank you! Thank you!
Happy Anniversary, My Gare Bear! I love you SSOOOO much! You are so good to me and the boys. You work so hard and take such good care of us. You are so happy and sincere and kind and strong and faithful and I am so lucky to be your wife. Thank you for being my first kiss and making it a good one. :) I'm so glad I get to kiss you forever and ever and ever and ever and ever. . . (Sorry everyone!)
4 comments:
Wooo hooo! Looks like so much fun! I am JEALOUS! ;) You guys definitely deserved a fun weekend together.
Very cool! The tubing looks so fun!
Happy anniversary!
Thanks for puting my video on there babe. I really did almost hit the fence.
I'm so glad you had so much fun. That looked so-weet!
Shoot! I'll come as your luggage next time. You wont even know I'm there... ;)
Post a Comment