Thursday, November 6, 2008

Writer's Blog


Gee, it feels like forever since I've written. It really hasn't been that long, but the last couple weeks have felt like an eternity. Lately, my brain has been in a fog, bombarded with way too much information and craziness and confusion. I haven't been able to get past the things that have been happening everywhere in the country and I feel like I've been stuck in that fog for weeks. Tuesday did not help, and when I can, I may blog about that day, but we'll see. :)

For the last few days, I've wanted to, and mostly have, kept the t.v. OFF. That constant noise was making me crazy. I'm sure you understand. I did turn it off when I heard one of Oprah's "Wooooo's" on Wednesday and wanted to make her say, "Oooowwww!" And it didn't have too much to do with politics, it's just that the absolute shrillness of those sounds issuing forth from her mouth were rattling my already sensitive brain.

I've wanted nothing to do with the "information everywhere all the time in your face" world. It made me want to stop blogging. I thought, "Yeah, I think I've said everything I wanted to say with this little medium here. I'm good. I don't want any part of this craziness." I just couldn't think of anything to write about. Or, maybe there were just too many things to write about and it was just too much for my clouded mind to sort through.

I'm still trying to get out of the fog. But, writing for the last few minutes has helped me feel a little better. Maybe that's why there's "information everywhere all the time in your face." People are just trying to sort through their own fogs and it just makes them feel better, even if they're sorting through it on "the news." Hmm. Oh well.

So, to the three or four people who read our little blog here, thanks for "listening" and helping me start defogging. How appropriate that it's actually cold outside! :) Heh Heh Heh.

1 comment:

Matt and Mandy said...

You are too funny, but you echo my feelings exactly! My brain is still trying to make sense of it all, so for now no TV and no Yahoo! news :)