I took Ryan our for his birthday lunch on his birthday. It's supposed to be a surprise, but I think they're on to me.
Ryan, like Benny, chose Chuck-A-Rama. It's a great place to go if you have allergies. He was able to eat like 10 plates of jell-o and french fries. Yum!
After lunch, we headed down to Ryan's favorite place in the whole, wide world: BYU!
I can't tell you how much Ryan loves BYU, and I can't tell you how much I love that he loves it!
All Ryan wanted for his birthday was a BYU hat, a BYU shirt, and a BYU hoodie. Love it!!
Favorite picture ever!
Ryan is the happiest kid in the world!
Despicable Me Pinata
After Ryan's birthday, we hung it from the ceiling in the bedroom until it started giving kids nightmares. Spencer kept imagining it slowly turning to look at him in the night with one red eye. Yeah, I'd be freaked out too.
The beauty of family birthdays is you get all the candy and leftover cake to yourself. :)
Ryan is such a light in our family. He makes us laugh and smile all day. Here are some examples of things he says to me throughout the day:
"Mom, I was sad today at school and then I realized why: I left my heart at home with you!"
"Mommy, you are the most beautiful woman in the world. I mean, it just amazes me!"
"Mom, do you know how much I love you? I don't think you do, because it's just impossible!"
"Mom, thank you so much for doing the dishes last night. It really makes everyone's life to much easier."
"Mom., you fill my heart with joy."
I am not making these up! He just says them all so matter-of-factly. It is the sweetest thing. He has always said the sweetest things, but he has become much more creative and thoughtful. I was afraid he would grow out of it, but he's only gotten better. He gives me hugs all day and is always smiling. It's really amazing!
He LOVES football. Every day on the drive home from school, he tells me all about his Hail Marys, and his masterful jukes, and his flips, and catches, and interceptions. I love it! His main goal in life is to play football for BYU. His wall is covered with BYU posters and autographs from BYU football players.
He has been taking piano this year and is doing Amazing! I love to see how easy it has become and how much he loves it! His song he chose for the recital is his favorite song, "Beat It." :) He is also doing SO well in school and has had all A's all year long!
Last night, he earned his Webelos and six pins. He also earned his Arrow of Light! We are so proud of Ryan and love him SO much!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RYAN!!
No comments:
Post a Comment