Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Remember me??

Hello everyone! Like Christopher Reeve says very dramatically/tragically/hilariously in Somewhere in Time: "I'm back. I'm back." (If you don't know what I'm talking about, stop what you're doing, run to your nearest boarded-up Blockbuster, get that movie--unless it's checked out, dust off your VCR, rewind the movie because the last person forgot to and I bet they didn't even have to pay a fee, sit through two hours of obsessive weirdness, and watch the scene I just mentioned. Or just look for it on Netflix. Have you done it? Pretty funny, right?)

I have approximately 24 minutes before I have to leave to pick up 3/5 of my kids, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to say hello. We have been very busy, as I'm sure you understand, but things are going very well. More to come on that . . .

Well, I really don't have much to say. :) I just went to Costco. It was great. I played the "Gotcha" game with Joey, which is that I try to kiss him while I push the cart and he dodges me . . . usually. Sometimes he tricks me and moves his head forward instead of backward, and I get smashed in the face. Then, I have to act casual as I try to blink back tears and check for blood.

Um, let's see. We just actually paid someone to pay our carpet, which means that in the four days since that blessed day, we have had about 10 spills, including every bodily fluid. Don't get your carpets cleaned while the flu is going around, or it's February, or it's sunny, or rainy, or you have kids still living with you.

My plan this year is to keep up on the blog. I miss the days where the boys would gather around the computer, the semi-sinister glow of the screen lighting up their angelic faces, and read the family blog. They could see what they did for their third birthday. They could remember when we went swimming or to the park, and that we did actually take them to do fun things. This way, they can read about all the fun things we did, and I won't have to come up with new things. Just kidding! We do try very hard to make great memories for our kids, and this will help motivate me. I keep journals and baby books for each of the boys, but to have pictures to go with the words is super fun.

Yes, the fun news. I would love to tell you, but I actually have to leave in 13 minutes and I have to take the dry laundry out, toss it onto the huge pile of ready-to-fold clothes, put the wet clothes in the dryer, and reload the washing machine. Then, I will start to fold the dry clothes, but really I will just be digging through the pile to find the towels and fold those because I deserve it!

Next post--the big news!!  And no, it's not what you think. No, really. It's not. :)


1 comment:

Jenn said...

THUMBS UP!!!! I love it!!! I was reading back in your blog and I can't remember....Did you guys really not find out if Joey was a boy or girl until he was born????