Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rebel

Last night in every dream I had, which were many and never-ending, I would do these regularly-spaced little snore sounds when I was talking to someone and I just couldn't stop!! I would be talking and between everything I said I would do a little snort/snore sound. It was very disturbing and so embarrassing! What was more disturbing was, in true dream fashion, the people I was talking to didn't seem to notice. Their faces (if they had one) never changed or hinted at any disgust. But every time it would happen, I would cover my face or try to cover up the sound with a fake sneeze or blow my nose and just apologize over and over, and then continue with what I was saying, only to have the sounds start coming out of me again!

It was a very long night and I couldn't figure out what was happening to me in the little episodes of consciousness I would have between these traumatic dreams. But I was very frustrated in those awake periods and then I'd drift into another fitful, embarrassingly snory sleep.

Well, you've probably figured it out, but I was actually snoring in real life. And, being the prego lady that I am, I don't sleep on my back because I simply can't breathe, and breathing is, like, totally my favorite. But after sleeping on my sides (usually left) for the last 7+ months, my body is so sick of it and I've been unconsciously rolling onto my back recently and it feels delicious.

I do have a cold right now, hence the snoring, but usually when I accidentally sleep on my back, I wake myself up because I can't breathe, which is fine. I know how to fix that. I just roll over, which takes a ridiculous amount of physical exertion these days, onto my side, which feels smashed and numb from overuse. (Or when I get woken up by some small person who sneaked into my bed and is kicking me, or when I wake up because I have to go to the bathroom. . . again! I know how to fix those problems. You kick the kid out and/or go to the bathroom.) But when I wake up over and over and over again to sounds that are issuing forth out of me and not really understanding why at 2 a.m., that's the worst!

I am usually a side or stomach sleeper anyway, but when I'm not supposed to sleep on my back, that is just naturally how I want to sleep, of course.

So yeah, I'm a rebel. But I'm one of those rebels with a cause and that cause is one of the most noble I can think of- SLEEP!!!!

2 comments:

hf said...

I'm so glad you posted. I lurk here often, check to see if there's anything new and exciting. I love your sense of humor and miss ya!

Congrats on your preggers news. I can't believe you didn't tell me before I left! You know, in the aisles of Walmart?!

Terry said...

You make me smile Jess. I too am glad that you are breathing, both day and night. You make life fun!:0