Tuesday, April 13, 2010

As Promised


We went out to eat with my brethren and sisters on Saturday to Red Robin. We were taking a gander at the menu and I wasn't sure what I was going to get, as usual. The waitress came (which is always a very stressful moment for me) and asked what I wanted and I blurted out, "French Onion Soup." My brother-in-law said, "I knew you were going to get that! You get that every time!" I looked around the table and everyone was nodding in agreement and saying, "Mm Hm. It's true."

So, I realized it really was true. And, ironically, the first time I had ever heard of French Onion Soup was at Red Robin at the incredibly fabulous (and when I say fabulous, I mean scary ghetto) Antelope Valley Mall about fourteen years ago with my friend, Amber. She ordered it and I almost puked. But, then she gave me a bite and I loved it! And so, ever since then, whenever I see French Onion Soup on the menu, it seems I order it. But, I will tell you right now, I've never been able to finish a whole bowl of it. Ever.

So, as I was eating my soup, which I could apparently probably just order by saying, "I'll have the regular," I told all my peeps about this Creamy French Onion Soup I had while we were in Park City for our anniversary and that I took a picture of it because it was so yummy and pretty. So, there's the picture. . . as promised.

I just wrote all of that because I really don't want to clean my crazy house.

And, remind me to tell you about jumping on the crazy trampoline at the mall and also experiencing hurricane-force winds, also at the mall. Man! Provo Towne Center kicks AV Mall's butt! Excuse me, bottom. My kids might see this. :)

Thanks for a very fun night, my family! And one last Happy Birthday to my "little" brother and sister!

2 comments:

Brownie Bites said...

I've never really liked the way it looked. But I'm glad you got a picture of it. Maybe some day I'll try it...

"Miss Kris" said...

Trampoline what? I missed that one.