Now, usually nothing can tear me away from my beloved Olympics, but I just felt like blogging tonight. Don't worry, though, I've got my speed skating in the background. I just had a crazy day and felt like jotting. . . or typing.
Well, Ben has had "the pukes" since Sunday and I just finished cleaning up the latest one and putting the poor little fella to bed. But that wasn't the worst explosion of the day.
I started some tortilla soup in the crock pot this morning because I knew I'd be busy right until dinnertime today. Our house smells very much like someone walked around without putting on deodorant for several weeks. Anyway, after 8 hours of cooking, the next step was to take the soup out and blend it.
Well, the first batch was blended without incident, but I poured in the second half (whilst talking on the phone with my sister who lives in CO), put the lid on and held it on. The boiling, ok, simmering hot soup proceeded to splatter out the top, landing on the counter. While still talking, I quickly turned off the blender- which, ironically, was given to us by the aforementioned sister for our first Christmas. No harm done. Just a fluke, right. (I hate the word "fluke" because of that stupid movie about the guy who turns into a dog and they call him Fluke and his wife- "Sylvia" from 3 Men and a Baby- can't figure out why she's in love with a dog. Like I said- stupid.)
Well, being the very intelligent, college-educated (I got a hard-earned B in Physical Science, thank you very much), albeit silly and very often non-intelligent person, I turned on the blender again. This time, my generous, blender-giving sister got a good, solid scream in her ear as the soup flew all over me and the kitchen. Dang steam and all that pressure! I immediately felt the burning on my hand and, oh, everywhere and ran to the kitchen sink to rinse off my arm and hand. From this experience, I received some solid 1/2 degree burns. I know, ouch! I just gotta say I'm very thankful for clothes and all the things we gals wear under them.
When I looked down at my spilled-on pants I thought, "Great! Now I'm going to have to actually wash these before I wear them tomorrow!" But, I couldn't just leave the mess and the hot soup all over the floor, which looked exactly like throw-up, for little boys to come "ice skate" on, (they are also inspired by the Olympics) so I cleaned it up while the hot soup all over me very quickly became cold. This is the scene Gary came home to. When he saw me, he said, "Oh! Is that throw-up?!"
This would never happen to Apolo Ohno.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh sick...good times! :)
Post a Comment