Gary and I lost our minds one day and decided to take the whole brood to a
BYU Football game. It was late September in the late afternoon, and fearing a "cold snap", I packed coats for everyone and two blankets to sit on and wrap ourselves up in, because let's face it, there's nothing worse than cold little baby fingers and cheeks mingled with runny, frozen noses. Well, it turned out to be absolutely perfect football weather and all the winter gear eventually served as a carpet on the ground on the bleachers. Oh well. (Gary and I went to a night game the following week and I brought. . . nothing. Absolutely nothing. And we were
juuuuust fine. :)
Anyway, the kids did so great and we made it through the very last second of the fourth quarter. It was so fun- except for a little squabble I got in with an old man, but that comes later.

Yes, this was the view from our actual seats, and
not from space. :)



Here is a picture of the old man. Now, I LOVE old guys. We usually get along quite well, and so it really breaks my heart that my relationship with this particular one was doomed from the start. Note the utterly squashed and borderline inappropriate proximity of the older fellow to us. By this point in the game, he had glared at us so many times it was beyond annoying, but never humorous. Here, he is making his statement and taking up three rows. Luckily, Gary had a sense of humor about it, but I did not.


An
aerial view of our nonexistent space. Ridiculous. Shortly after this picture was taken, the people behind us moved and we were able to move up a row, but that was not good enough for him. I was so stressed out keeping the kids away from the guy, but he
did get touched and bumped a few times. How could he not?? He kept doing the turn around and glare, but not say anything deal, and it was so annoying. Finally, he said, "He keeps
kickin' me!" Oh no you
di'in!! Unfortunately, I did rise and shout, (
ok, I just sat there, but I did raise my voice about being forced out of the seats we had payed for (as bad as they were) and that he was taking up three rows.) I felt so bad after I wanted to cry, then I would look at the pictures in the camera of us crowded and and my outrage would be justified.

One of Max's touchdown passes.

Fourth Quarter!
Yay!! It's a
BYU miracle!!

Our bowl/hat for our
dippin' dots, which I must get every game. Cute!

The George Q. Cannon. Isn't that cute?
Killing time so we didn't have to fight the traffic. Spencer loves to run around anything circular- poles, manholes,
frisbees, etc.
We had a great time at the game. I really do feel bad for the old guy because I'm sure we were annoying despite our efforts to be otherwise. :) Oh well. GO COUGS!!!
1 comment:
You're brave to take all your boys to the game but it's so great that you all had fun! And, about that guy, don't feel bad. Throw it down and be yo' bad Mama self, stickin' up fo' yo boyz! Shoo'... Those pics make me wanna catch fade and y'all bes' b'lee I wi'w if dat happinz agi'!
"Skew me! Skew me! Get out da way!"
Post a Comment